Life in Puerto Vallarta or Riviera Nayarit wouldn't be complete without the having a refreshing Margarita once in a while. But why not spice up a Mexican classic with this spicy twist on the classic Margarita recipe. These would be the perfect thing to serve at a housewarming party at your new Banderas Bay home or condo.
Jalapeno Watermelon Margarita
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup white tequila
- 8-10 cups watermelon chunks (a large dice)
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup Triple Sec
- ¼ cup simple syrup
- salt, chili powder, and lime juice for salting rims of glasses
- Place tequila and about 4 slices of jalapeno in a glass measuring cup and place in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours depending on how spicy your jalapenos are and how spicy you want the tequila to be. Take a taste after 1 hour and decide whether it is spicy enough. If so, remove jalapenos.
- Place watermelon (you may need to do it in batches) in a blender and blend until liquified.
- Pour watermelon through a fine-meshed strainer, pressing on it with the back of a spoon to get all the liquid through. Measure out 3 cups of watermelon juice.
- In a large pitcher, combine the 3 cups watermelon juice, tequila, lime juice, Triple Sec, and simple syrup.
- Place salt with a little chili powder mixed in on a plate. Coat rims of 4 glasses with lime juice and dip in salt mixture.
- Fill the glasses with ice and pour Margaritas into glasses. Garnish with lime slices and jalapeno slices if desired.
Click here for more from Elengorn Realtors.
Subscribe to our newsletter and keep up-to-date with our latest properties and track the market trends.