Warm sea breezes, incredible sunsets every evening, and vast jungle mountain views create the perfect backdrop for romance. Pair that scenery with an excellent dinner, and it becomes the ideal Valentine’s Day date. But which local restaurants really set the romantic mood? Here are our top 5 choices:
- The Iguana Restaurant and Tequila Bar. It’s no surprise that our number 1 choice sits on the property of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton’s former residence, Casa Kimberly. Burton stared in Night of the Iguana, which was famously filmed in Puerto Vallarta, and he gave the villa to Taylor as a symbol of their love for each other. What could be more romantic than enjoying a meal where the very history of the venue is basically a love story?
- Hacienda San Angel Gourmet . Enjoy a beautiful scenic dinner at this superbly elegant upscale establishment. A perfect special occasion restaurant with live mariachi or Mexican folk music in the background 6 evenings a week to set the ambience.
- Oyster Grill La Docena . Oysters have long been thought to be an aphrodisiac, and this restaurant not only is known for their oysters and fresh seafood, but has a prime location on the famous Malecon with lovely views of the ocean across from it.
- El Dorado . Relaxing on a beach is often part of a romantic getaway, so why not spend Valentine’s Day dinner on the beach, feet in the sand, while watching one of Puerto Vallarta’s incredible sunsets? Go later in the evening to see the pier lit up, stars twinkling above the water, and feel the wonderful ocean breeze.
- Le Kliff . Long known for its breathtaking views, this restaurant has been a special occasion and date night favorite for years. It’s hard to beat sitting at a beautifully decorated table with glittering lights above, and the vast blueness of the ocean as far as the eye can see.
Will you try any of the restaurants mentioned? Let us know in the comments. Whatever your plans are, we wish you a happy Valentine’s Day.
Click here for more from Elengorn Realtors.
Subscribe to our newsletter and keep up-to-date with our latest properties and track the market trends.